Midi Melodies Vol: 004 Machine Funk - COMING SOON
001 Philly Disco is a magic bullet pack for immediately getting hitmaking ideas within a few moments of loading up your MPC.
Try it…and unlock your musical ideas within moments.
Regular price £ 1.00
Midi Chord MPC Progression File specifically designed for the MPC series and also MPC Software.
|Chords||Am, G, F7, G6, Am9, D, C6, Am7, C7, F7, Dm9, Dm7, Em, Dm, Em7, E7|
|Files||Philly Disco Pads 1978_MIDI V2.progression
Philly Disco Pads 1978_MIDI V2.mid
|Genres||House, Deep House, LoFi Hip Hop, Hip Hop, Dance, Electronic, Trance, Soul, Funk, Pop, Breakbeat, EDM, Liquid Drum & Bass, NeuroHop, Soul, Future Bass, Trap, Dubstep, Disco, Techno, Progressive House, Ambient, Rave, Rhythm and Blues, Jazz, BoomBap, Rock, Indie, Latin, Rock, Bass Music, Electro, Hardstyle, Psychedelic Trance, Psychtrance, Big Room House, UK Garage, Tropical House, Moombahton, Chill Out, Glitch Hop, Minimal, Post-Disco, Four On The Floor, Eurodance, Breakbeat Hardcore, New Beat, Reggaeton|
|Sonic Timbres||Piano, Rhodes, Sweeping Pads, Airy Supersaws, Sine Plucks, Trance Gates, Deep Plucks, Mellotron, Pads, Organ, Wurlitzer, Bells, Arps, Mallets, Marimba, Vibraphone, Electric Piano, Soundscapes, Atmospheric Pads, Strings, Brass, Woodwinds, Synth Guitars, Kalimba, Supersawes, Steam Walls, Stab Bends, Synth Leads, Soft Tines, Toy Pianos, Xylophone, Synth Pulses, Harp, Banjo, Voice, Choir, Hybrid Horns, Flute, Violins|
|Formats||AKAI MPC SERIES, MPC LIVE, MPC X, MPC LIVE 1, MPC LIVE 2, MPC 1, MPC TOUCH|
|Download Size||300 kB|
About these 16 pads
Every pad is different, yet they musically work well with each other. The pads are mostly complex and interesting chords with character, rather than basic triads.
No pad has an identical chord, and playing with hard velocities can give cool expressive results depending on the synth.
About A minor
- A natural minor shares the same notes as C major
- A natural minor uses only the white notes on the keyboard, so it's easy to jam with
- The E7 chord is in ‘melodic’ minor mode, and is great to use when building big tension before releasing it by landing ‘home’ on the root A minor chord
Production: Tips & TricksVelocities: When using the chords, be aware that full velocities will sound sonically very different from half velocitie, as many hardware and software synths have velocity sensitive features, such as: filters, envelopes, shapers and so on..
Monophonic: Using a monophonic synth sound such as a lead or bass means that only one note out of the chord will play, this means you can jam out Leads, Basslines, Melodies and Riffs as well as Chords.
Mother Ducker Input: You can use this AKAI plug in on your beats and then the Mother Ducker on your 001 Philly Disco notes to create a pumping, side chain effect which sounds really cool..
Kordbot: Add the notes from the PDF into your Kordbot for extra musical options, when you are in creative mode.
MPC Arp Mode: The MPC has a very awesome Arpeggiator, which has many special menus with cool features.. so when you load up 001 Philly Disco, press the Note Repeat which will put it into Arp mode, hit the latch button, and cycle through all the Arp options, see the “variations”, also try the Action feature selection where you can have 001 Philly Disco triggered via the Pattern and the variations,
Also finally play with the note length for extra vibes.
How To Install
Listen to as many of the examples as you like, add to basket whichever volumes you like the sound of, complete your purchase, and immediately download, save, then import into your MPC and also Mac / PC for when in controller mode
Mac/PC - Software & Controller Mode
- Download the MPC Progression
- Expand the ZIP File
- Copy the file with the ending .Progressions
- Goto your Library folder on OSX:
Macintosh > Library > Application Support - AKAI > MPC > Progressions
- Inside the ‘Progressions’ folder you will find all your MPC progressions -
- From Step 03 - now paste / copy / move your MIDI MELODY Progressions into this Step 04 > Progressions
- Start up your MPC Live Software or your MPC (hardware) in controller mode
- Open up a plug in - software, or MIDI and choose Pad Performance
- Load up MIDI MELODIES XXX.progression
- Download the MPC Progression
- Expand the ZIP File
- Copy the file with the ending .Progressions onto a USB / SD Card
- Insert USB drive into your computer
- Create a folder called ‘Progressions’ on your USB drive
- Move your .progression file into the ‘Progressions’ folder on your USB drive (you can use subfolders for organisation)
- Eject the USB Drive
- Insert USB Drive into your MPC
- Now you should be able to see the progressions when in Pad Perform mode.
16 Pads of Velocity-Sensitive Chords and Progressions, ready to get you locked into hooks, riffs, and grooves within a few moments of jamming.
All of the MPC MIDI MELODIES are Akai MPC formatted, downloadable immediately ready to use, based on chord combos which dial into a rich style, and genre specific, 16 Pads per Progression.. each unlocks a potential hit making vibe from the get go!
The Noise Ratio All Star Team
We are focussed on given you the best tools to get from Idea to Jamming in quick time..
We listen to new music all the time and we love a wide range of sounds, from Nashville, to LA, NYC underground, London's eclectic cutting edge beats, we do all love guilty pleasure pop, dark Berlin room electronic music, to posh Ibiza VIP area, and relaxed beach clubs, the team is varied and also into heavy scandinavian metal, as well as neurobeats high end sound designed to open up a portal another dimension.